JOIN THE GROWING LIST OF SPONSORS
The annual Fast and Vigil is a grassroots, not-for profit effort to reach out to
TENS OF THOUSANDS of
people who are in Washington DC, promoting our message of abolition. Each year the fast and vigil is one of, if not the most, mutli-organizational, widely supported events in the abolition movement.
AND WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT THIS YEAR!
Your sponsorship and donation helps support the event in numerous ways.
Some of the highlights include:
- allowing 50 participants from 20+ different states to attend at no mandatory cost
- a place for out of town participants to sleep at the Center for Creative Nonviolence (which directly supports the CCNV’s programs to support the homeless in DC)
- water, juices, Gatorade and ice to keep the fasters and vigilers cool and hydrated
- 4,000+ brochures to educate both visitors and locals about the death penalty
- an air conditioned base at the United Methodist Building for bathrooms and breaks from the heat
- large visible banners which are seen by tens of thousands on the streets of DC
Thank you in advance for your generous financial support. Without your contribution, this amazing all-volunteer, grassroots witness would not be able to continue in the capacity that it has all these years.
There are two easy ways to donate right now.
- Preferred Method: Pay by check (it saves us on credit card processing fees*). Just send a check in along with the sponsorship form that you can download here (.pdf file).
- Donate online: If you prefer not to pay by check, visit our
secure online donations page. This is through our fiscal sponsor, Journey of Hope, so please make sure to write "Fast and Vigil" in the "Designation" field so that your funds will be directed appropriately. In addition to the online form, you also need to fill out and return the sponsorship form via mail.
* Make your donation go further and pay by check!
What do you get out of it?
Help us to avoid costly credit/debit card processing fees
- Sponsor's names are listed on a signs at the Fast and Vigil as well as on this web page.
- The petition we use is copied and each state organization affiliated with the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty gets a set that includes those who signed up from their state.
Those who sponsored the event in 2013:
The Abolitionist Action Committee (AAC) would like to thank the
participants, individuals and organizations whose contributions have
made this event possible this year and in the past.
The sponsor list includes nearly 50 cosponsors from many state and national organizations, making the Fast and Vigil perhaps one of the most multi-organizational supported events in the abolition movement.
ACLU Capital Punishment Project
Amnesty International USA
Bonowitz, Abe and Isaac and Beth Wood
California People of Faith Working Against the Death Penalty
Catholic Mobilizing Network
Coloradans for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
Community for Creative Non-Violence
Dorothy Day Catholic Worker
Entertainment Sound Production
Gainesville Citizens for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
Journey of Hope... From Violence to Healing
Kehilla Community Synagogue
Lynchburg Peace Education Center
Marianist Social Justice Collaborative
Melia, Dick and Eileen
National Benedictines for Peace
National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
New Mexico Repeal / Murder Victim Family Advocacy Project
Open Door Community, Atlanta GA
Pax Christi USA
Payden-Travers, Jack and Chris
Peake DeLancey Printers
Pearson, Bruce and Julie
Quigley, Bill and Debbie
Restorative Justice Committee, Sinsinawa Dominicans
Schwarz, Joanne H.
Tennesseans for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
The ELLA Foundation
United Methodist Church's General Board of Church and Society
Western NY Peace Center