Among the confirmed Evening Program speakers for 2006 are the
following. You never know who might show up... Each evening will
full-length talks plus Q&A with between two and four speakers,
people with direct experience and also movement activists and
CLICK HERE to see the schedule of who is speaking when!
- Gary Beeman, Ohio Death Row Survivor
- SueZann Bosler, Murder Victim Family Member
- Joan Cheever, Author and Journalist
- Darby Tillis, Illinois Death Row Survivor
- Shujaa Graham, California Death Row Survivor
- Ron Keine, New Mexico Death Row Survivor
- Ray Krone, Arizona Death Row Survivor
- Christina Lawson, Coordinator of Victims of Texas: Supporting the Forgotten Survivors
- Bill Pelke, Co-founder of the F&V; Murder Victim Family Member
- Larry Peterson, survivor of wrongful conviction (faced the death
penalty, did 17 years in New Jersey).
- Magdaleno M. Rose-Avila -- long time activist and 1995 NCADP
Abolitionist of the Yearb
- Diann Rust-Tierney, Executive Director of the National Coalition to
Abolish the Death Penalty
- Vicki Schieber, Murder Victim Family Member
- Shari Silberstein,
2005/06 Abolitionist of the Year and Co-Director of
- Bonnita Spikes, Murder Victim Family Member
- George White, Murder Victim Family Member, Exonerated Prisoner
And other Death Row Family Members and Murder Victim Family
Matthew Fogg, vice-president of Blacks in Government, member of the
Marshall Service, and a member of the board of Amnesty International
USA. Matt will serve as Master of Ceremonies at the 2pm rally on July 2.
Pat Humphries and Sandy, AKA Emma's Revolution, will play during the evening teach ins on July 1 and 2.
Spoken Word by The Original Woman and
also by The Princess of
with accompaniment by Corey Johnson.
2004's Fast & Vigil evening program speakers are
Fast & Vigil Co-Founders Rick Halperin, Marietta
Bill Pelke. Marietta and Bill are among numerous murder victim
members who oppose the death penalty.
Recording Artist Steve Earle played last year. Unfortunately he will
be with us this year, but other artists will be!
Florida Death Row Survivors Juan Melendez and Shabaka WaQlimi (Juan
speaker last year). And that's six-year F&V veteran Maria Romstedt
expressing herself on the left.
Magdaleno M. Rose-Avila shared movement history and his own
a long-time death penalty abolitionist.
SMU Professor of History and Human Rights (and F&V Co-Founder) Rick
Halperin shared the ignoble history of the US Supreme Court and the